A message from the Principal and Assistant Principal
Welcome Students, Parents, and Staff!
It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year. We are so excited to announce that Palm Springs Middle (PSM) increased its school grade by 137 to earn a school grade of a “B!” Our success was due to the hard work of our teachers, students, and parents working together, each step of the way! This past school year Palm Springs Middle offered an Advanced Placement (AP) College Board course usually reserved for high school students. This enabled our students to earn college credits after passing the end-of-year exam. One hundred percent of those students participating earned their first college-level credit. Amazing!! Additionally, twelve of our students participated in the Miami Dade College (MDC) Rise Program, which is designed to help middle school students to a very early start to their college career! Palm Springs Middle offers an endless array of resources and opportunities. Below, please note the following successes from the 2021 – 2022 school year:
- All the students who were enrolled in AP Spanish Language passed the exam
- La Finka, the school’s farm animals’ program was featured on Univision 23
- Eight Palm Springs students attended MDC as full-time college students during the past summer
- Teachers attended a team-building camping and kayaking at Oleta River State Park
- PMS students earned second place in the District Haitian Spelling Bee
- English Language Learners (ELL) published books
- Law Studies students placed in the top ten in Florida’s Middle School Mock Trials Competition
- The PSMS Chess Team earned second place in the Regional Competition
- The ASD Pacer Bot Robotics Team exhibited their work for all to see
- SECME Students won first place in the Vex Robotics Competition
- The PSM Dance Team won first place in a district competition
- Students who submitted entries earned first place in the Superior Science and Engineering Fair
- FBLA students earned first place in the Marketing Mix Challenge and Business Issues Competitions
- The FFEA Club earned first place in Lesson Planning/Poster Theme and second place in Logo Design in competition
- Students earned first place in the Middle School Rocket League Competition
When teachers, parents, and community members work together, our students’ success exceeds all expectations!
Heriberto Sanchez, Principal
Palm Springs Middle School
Dear Students, Staff, and Parents,
I am honored to welcome you back to another exciting school year! I am eager and motivated to help all our students reach their maximum potential and becoming college and career ready.
Although we are starting the school year virtually, I look forward to having our students back in the classrooms and hallways, filling them with energy and enthusiasm for learning soon.
I believe and stand for excellence in all things and have high standards and expectations for each student in academic performance, extracurricular opportunities, and citizenship. I encourage all students and staff to seize every opportunity for continuous inquiry and growth. I pledge my commitment to fostering and maintaining an extraordinary record of achievements and contributions that will leave a legacy for this school.
Thank you for choosing to be a part of our PACER family and joining us in our educational adventures towards excellence.
Ms. Arlene Pineda
Mr. Heriberto Sanchez
Ms. Arlene Pineda